Sunday, February 17, 2008

19 Weeks to go

  • Monday 1 hour hard run
  • Tuesday
    • Morning Easy 40 mins
    • Afternoon 1 hour hard
  • Wednesday 4 * 800m each sub 3 mins (It's fast for me!)
  • Thursday
    • Morning 40 mins with hill climb
    • Afternoon 1 hour hard
  • Friday 1 hour hard
  • Saturday Rest
  • Sunday 6 hours 0 mins 24s 62Km
Total km this week will be about 122km which means there would be another 31km to go in one day. !
I had been dreading the Sunday run all week as I intended to run for 6 hours. Didn't get started until just after 10am so it meant a wasted day and my headphones on the ipod failed so was starting to think about excuses. Thankfully my stubborn streak won out and I did the run. I went through the 42km mark in sub 4 hours but felt fine; after 5 hours the felt fine feeling was long forgotton and I was glad it was only another hour to go, physcologically, how do you tell yourself to keep going when there is another 19 + hours to go? Will need to find an answer for this one.

No comments: