Sunday, June 15, 2008

1 Week to Go

As I have been writing my blog post week training then the next blog will be the race. I will only run once or twice this week and both will be easy runs. Max 1 hour. The race starts on Saturday 1am so I fly back Thursday and will try to put my feet up on the Friday and not get myself into a total panic. Karen will remove my passport to stop me fleeing the country.
5 weeks ago I thought it was game over after my foot was diagnosed with bone issues but now I think my foot will make it my only concern is the lost training 4 weeks just when I should have been putting down the hardest training. Speaking to people who have a lot more experience has helped and the thought is all is not lost
Race strategy will be:
1) Get to start Line
2) Go as slowly as possible at the start without letting the back sweeper pass me
3) Eat at least 2 meals before Bridge of Orchy rough calculation says I will burn at least 15000 KCalories. Thats a lot of mars bars!
4) Keep Going
5) Stop at the finish line
I would love to do this in 24 hours which I'm sure is possible but the main goal is to finish.

My support team will try and do a live update publishing my times as I get into each checkpoint for which I will create a template.
Hard to believe that I have been training for this for the past 32 weeks its gone very quickly.

2 comments:

petzlboy said...

You have done the hard yakka. This week is all about relaxing, getting carbs down you and avoiding people with colds.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Dunc the pronator said...

All the best, just stay ahead of the midges and you will make it.